20 August 2012

"Bring it"


Army Sgt. Monte Bernardo exercises at the Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy at Walter Reed Military Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Bernardo was severely injured in Afghanistan on July 4, 2012, losing both of his legs and one of his hands. (Provided by Friends of Monte Bernardo)

"The Taliban can't faze me, they can try, but here I come rising from the ashes of their little bomb, three out of four limbs, less than I had and still as strong as ever. Bring it," said Army Sgt. Monte Bernardo.

"I started physical therapy two and a half weeks after the incident in Afghanistan," he said in a telephone interview. "The nurses and doctors tell me nobody has healed this fast in the history of the hospital."

Read more about Sgt. Bernardo in this article by the Marin Independent Journal. And to follow his recovery, visit the Friends of Monte Bernardo page on Facebook.

No comments: